Caprese Chicken

Ever had caprese salad? Well if you haven't you should!

The other day a friend gave us some chicken breast and quite frankly I have been kinda "over" chicken for the time being.
Trying to eat clean can sometimes get to me if I can't think of something new to eat or I am trying to keep it simple and dairy free and healthy.

So I thought.. what in the heck do I want to do with this chicken? How about something I've never done.

I have had caprese salad and I've obviously had chicken but why not put them together ?

So I snatched up some simple ingredients, whipped it up and wallah! Yummo!

What you need:
3 boneless skinless chicken breast
4 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp dried basil
2 roma tomatoes sliced
approx 9 fresh basil leaves
approx 12 slices of mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp light brown sugar

What you do:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
To make balsamic reduction cook vinegar and sugar on high until boiling, continue stirring.
Once boiling, turn heat to low, continue to stir and let cook for approx 6-8min.
Remove from heat and let cool. Reduction will thicken with time.

Mix coconut oil with dried basil and coat both sides of chicken.
Place chicken breasts on oven sheet
Bake in oven for approx 30 min or until cooked thoroughly.
I always cut the chicken at the thickest part to check doneness but a surefire way to make sure your chicken is cooked all the way thru is to cook until the internal temp is 165 degrees fahrenheit.

Once chicken is fully cooked top with 3-4 slices of mozzarella cheese
Place back in oven for approx 3 min or until cheese is melted
Remove from oven, top each chicken breast with a few tomato slices and basil leaves
Drizzle with balsamic reduction and serve!





Comments