Homemade Greek yogurt with instant pot! No yogurt button needed!!

I'm EXTREMELY excited about the fact I made yogurt in my instantpot!!!! My friend and mom of 5, Cynthia Hutson introduced me to this idea quite some time ago and I finally gave it a try. Her kids are big greek yogurt fans just like mine so she knows what it's like to buy tubs upon tubs of greek yogurt! Ladybug (current age 5) would live off of yogurt if I let her and Ezzy (age 2) is following right along. Deeders (age 1) has already proven to be big fan as well. So I finally tried my hand at homemade yogurt!!!! Reading the recipe was a bit daunting at first .... and my first attempt turned out looking like ground burger 😬😭 But this second try was a success and SUPER yummy. Especially with some honey ❣ I'm really excited about the huge savings in our grocery bill this is going to make! And it tastes better than store bought too!! If you have a yogurt button on your crock pot use this recipe from Cynthia's blog. If you're like me and you didn't know you could make yogurt from an instant pot when you bought it and you just bought the IP you found . . . Follow this recipe. Ingredients: 1 gallon milk of choice 1/4c yogurt (for cultures) To do: 1. Take 1 gallon of milk (Higher fat should lead to thicker yogurt) place milk in IP, close lid and set to "keep warm". Let milk warm for 40 min then whisk. 2. After whisking check temp of milk. If milk is not yet 185°F turn on "saute" button and check temp every few minutes until temp reaches 185. 3. Once at 185°F remove pot from device and place it in a sink of water to cool temp of milk. Whisk milk to distribute temp every so often and check temp until reached 105-110°F. This typically takes less than 10min. 4. Once milk is about 105-110°F return pot of milk to IP device and whisk in 1/4c of yogurt. 5. Place lid back on IP but ensure device is set to "OFF". Wrap IP in a towel and let sit for 8 hours. 6. After 6 hours whisk yogurt to mix in chunks. Strain if desired to make thicker. I choose not to strain because I don't want to waste any. 7. Eat plain or add honey, fruit, nuts etc!! Enjoy. ❣

Comments