Salmon with tomato coulis

salmon dish, milton inn, baltimore, clean eating, salmon recipe, how to cook salmon, what goes with salmon, deidra mangus, deidra penrose, kayla mayes, melanie mitro, beachbody recipe, beachbody, 21 day fix recipe, 21 day fix, 80 day obsession, meal plan, clean eating recipe, figure prep meal plan, figure prep recipe, figure competition meal plan

This is one of my favorite signature dishes. I loved preparing it for my husband when we were first newlyweds and occassionally I'll bring it out again!

The coulis is actually slightly time consuming and I am all about quick and easy so I am going to give you my easy version that still tastes yum and is good for you!

What you need for 2 servings:
Salmon- 2 pieces approx 5oz each
Spinach- 4 cups uncooked
2 large tomatoes
2 tbsp basil pesto
2 tsp garlic salt
fresh or dry basil

What you do:

*Place salmon skin side down on non stick pan in oven
*Top with basil, fresh if you have it
*Bake at 375 for approx 12-15min. You will know it is done when it starts to flake. I like my salmon a little closer to the medium side vs well done as you don't want it to dry it out.

*To make "coulis" you are actually to cook the tomato down for a significant amount of time for it to break up and become a thick sauce. I have cut this time down by using a blender to puree the tomato. This isn't technically a coulis once you do this but it is still a nice sauce.

*Peel and de-seed your tomatoes and puree in blender
*Cook on stove top and add garlic
*Stir on stove top until a nice thin smooth consistency

*In a seperate pan steam spinach until wilted using just a little water

Once all 3 items are done add to plates as desired! Serve with a tbsp of pesto and enjoy!



Comments