Mama Mayes' Waffles




I have been craving waffles like no other ... and yesterday a post in facebook reminded me of a post last year of my homemade waffles. Must be something about this time of year? So weird...

 but anyway my waffle maker broke and so I bought waffles at Aldi. They were decent but I know they had some extra stuff in them and I could make a much healthier (and lower carb) version so I went out and spent a whole $10 on a new waffle maker.
Totally worth every penny! lol

So without further adieu... Here is my yummy, healthy waffle recipe!!!

Depending on the size of your waffle maker, you can probably get out about 4 waffles from this recipe. I like to do extra and freeze them, then just use the toaster oven on any subsequent days to heat them up!

What you need:
1 heaping cup of oat flour (I blend oats in the blender to make mine! - or you can add all ingredients in the blender together)
6 egg whites
1 banana
2 handfuls of spinach leaves

What you do:
1. Blend all ingredients in blender
2. Spray waffle maker with non stick spray or oil of choice
3. Pour in mix (careful not to pour in too much- it can overflow and get messy quick!)
4. Add some berries or any fruit if you wish! - I keep frozen blueberries from our yard in the freezer!          They go perfect in here.
         My daughters prefer chocolate chips!

Follow directions of your waffle maker, usually you wait for a light to come on to show they are done.
Top with toppings of choice. My girls get all natural pure maple syrup and I do sugar free syrup.

Want to cut even more calories and fat? Skip the butter! I bet you'll get used to it!

(Can't stomach green waffles or just couldn't handle the spinach in there? Skip it!)

Enjoy and let me know what you thought!
~Coach Mama Mayes




Use Wufoo integrations and get your data to your favorite apps.

Comments