Unicorn Shakeology

unicorn frappe, unicorn frappuccino, unicorn shakeology, shakeology, unicorn, colorful food, colorful, lose weight, lose fat, how to lose weight, cute toddler, fun food, funfetti, sprinkles, cool whip, whip cream, yummy

When the trend hit my facebook feed I had to get to work in the kitchen and make a healthy alternative to Starbucks Unicorn frappuccino that released. Mind you their "frappe" doesn't even contain caffeine so my thoughts are WHYYYY?! lol

I guess they have a line of coffee-less frappes? Well anyway.. more power to them... but if I am going to spend $5 - $6 dollars on a fancy drink there I better at least get some caffeine in it because I know I am not getting any nutrients. #sorrynotsorry

BUT I do know that the Unicorn of healthy shakes is here to save my everyday :) and is loaded with over 70 nutrients. It helps me with energy, bowel regulation (TMI? what? preggo needs this! lol) and the best of all in my opinion - it not only hits the spot for my sweet tooth... it literally curbs my cravings because it is filling nutrient voids.

You body craves and you graze, snack and rummage thru the pantry because your body is craving nutrients but it doesn't know where to find them!

But I DO! And I want you to try this!

Without further adieu try your hand at some Unicorn Shakeology. I have given a few options with different nutrition facts levels based on your choices made. You can alter the level of calories for your daily needs! I always make my Shakeology with water but I tried it with almond cashew milk to see if it made a difference and honestly I still prefer to go with just water. Less calories that way. But to each their own. You may not be ready to go without milk yet -- simply because it's in your head that you need it. But trust me. It really does not make a difference with the taste.

What you need:
1/3c pineapple
1/3c blueberries
1/3c strawberries
1 packet vanilla or strawberry shakeology (regular or vegan) -
      I used regular vanilla for the shake pictured
1c almond cashew milk or milk of choice if needed
water
ice

What you do:
In order to make 3 different colors to get that colorful effect I first mixed the shakeo with the pineapple, 1/2c milk, ice and a little water
Set half of that aside
Then I blended half of what was left over with the blueberries
 and the other half with the strawberries.
Add ice and the rest of the milk for desired thickness.

Then I layered on the sides for a colorful display!

Top with fat free cool whip and sprinkles if desired!

If you don't care to layer your colors you can just mix everything all in one blend.
It's all going to taste the same anyway!

I ended up only using about 1/2c of the milk and lots of ice to make it thick so I really ended up with about 3 shakes. So of course I shared with my lil love bug. She LOVED it!

unicorn frappe, unicorn frappuccino, unicorn shakeology, shakeology, unicorn, colorful food, colorful, lose weight, lose fat, how to lose weight, cute toddler, fun food, funfetti, sprinkles, cool whip, whip cream, yummy


Comments