Baked Apple, Spinach and Bleu Stuffed Chicken

This yummy masterpiece was all I was craving! And it must have been a hit because the family demolished every last piece! And now they're asking for more!!!








What you need:
3-5 raw Chicken breast
3 cups of raw spinach leaves
1 cup crumbled bleu cheese
1-2 apples of choice, sliced
1/2 red onion, sliced

What you do:
Lay chicken breast out flat to tenderize. I don't have a specific kitchen tool to beat meat or chop nuts so I thought I would try a hammer. Yup, I totally did that! Don't worry, I used a decorative hammer I bought for my husband for father's day that had never been used as a hammer and I cleaned it beforehand too. lol



But I actually found that using my fist worked much better to flatten the chicken breast without breaking it into pieces.

So.. Punch away or use an actual meat tenderizer if you have one, and flatten out your chicken breasts.

Hey, sometimes you gotta improvise!

I didn't find a rhyme or reason to which item went best next before rolling up the breast.
So add a handful of spinach leaves, approx 1/4 cup blue cheese, a few slices of red onion and 3 slices of apple to chicken.
Next roll chicken breast up and pin together with toothpicks.

Do this with each chicken breast and lay on pan or foiled pan with a bit of non- stick spray such as a spritz of coconut oil.



Top chicken breast with rest of onion and apple slices if you wish.

Bake at 375 for approx 25 minutes or until  chicken has cooked thoroughly at 165 degrees.






While you're waiting, have a little snack of apple slice with onion and bleu cheese!





Let cool before serving and enjoy!

Watch as everyone devours this yummy yummy entree!!!

For added nutrients like folic acid, calcium and vitamin A, serve with additional spinach or a side of broccoli!!!!!



mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Tell me what you thought and share this recipe with your friends!!!

*** Kayla time saving tip.... this could also be made in the crockpot!!!!

Layer your crockpot with apple and onion slices to really let those flavors soak in! Cook on low for approx 4 hours.



Need more help on your fitness journey? Fill out this app to be considered for a part in my next health and fitness challenge and support group! 

Use Wufoo integrations and get your data to your favorite apps.

Comments