The Mom Series pt 1

Ya know, I used to blog years ago.

In the basement in a house in a little town called shrewsbury.
I was fresh out of college (the first time around).
And I was bartending... still.
Trying to figure out life.
And really, I guess I just had a lot to say and didn't know who to say it to.
Kinda like now really. I guess not much has changed!

I wish I could find that blog. I have no idea what site I even used back then. hmm

Well, in reality I guess A LOT has changed.

I moved. I became an aunt. I became an aunt again... multiple times actually I became an aunt.




I kept bartending and working as a personal trainer.
I enrolled in nursing school.

I became a wife and on that same day I officially became a step mom as well.





I became a fur mom to my first dog.
We bought Bella for Breia (step daughter)'s 5th birthday.


Don't you love those kind of gifts?! Yeah... the dog is for you... no really the dog was for us.
And well, we all know who is doing the work.
Still to this day... 7 years later.

I am pretty sure you can guess who feeds the dog(s), takes them outside, walks them, plays with them and cleans up the puke and poop. Ok so 99.9% of the time.

I guess I should give the husband a little bit of credit.

So what was I talking about?



Oh yeah. How life has changed.

I finished said nursing school.

Worked as a nurse..

Then I got pregnant....
Ok so this obviously wasn't when I first got pregnant. This picture was actually the day before I had her.

When I was younger, pre- pregnancy and even maybe part of me when I was pregnant. I thought I would still work as a nurse.

I apparently even told my husband at one point either when dating or first married that I wouldn't want to be a stay at home mom. That I would need to get out and work.

The visit to daycare when I was pregnant was hard and I think that might have been where it first started hitting me.

I thought "She's not even here yet and it's killing me to think about handing her over to someone else."

But then a few days later I thought "well, it's what I have to do..."


Until I had her. And I saw that face. I knew I had to figure out something else.
Once my maternity leave was over, it tore me up inside going back to work.

Working long hours away from her. Having her scream her head off when I came home, knowing full well she was dying inside just as much as I was from that cold bloody murder scream she would give saying "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL DAY?!?!!?!".

Being a breastmilk nazi didn't do us any favors in means of her taking a bottle for others. But well... she pretty much only did for 3 months and was back on the boob. And still is.

I am not sure what we're gonna do about that.

So what is my point?

I don't really have one today.
Just thought I'd give a little catch up ... see what it's like to just randomly talk nonsense and fill you in on what's been going on in my life.

Well... speaking of mom life...

I used to be able to do whatever I wanted, wherever, whenever... but the kid(s) dictate the life so I best be back to work as the wee one sleeps!

Daily  Night grind, here I come!




If you'd like to chat about this business endeavor and see if it's something you could do, for extra income or time freedom, financial freedom or to "fire your boss" and work when you want,
Fill out this application for Team Commit To Fit and we'll see if you're a right "fit" for the team!


HTML Forms powered by Wufoo.

Comments