I'd rather eat cake

So it's 11:00 at night... and I am hungry.
What's new? I feel like I am always hungry.. or I am always eating. And I don't mean like that I am dieting and so I am starving myself. No, I eat plenty... And well, if you saw my thighs, you'd agree. lol

It's just this mind set that I get in when competition prep is in sue.
You want what you can't have, right?

So I want some chocolate cake right about now!
And I am not even a big cake person!

But these egg whites and sugar free orange marmalade are just going to have to suffice, huh.


What a process, dieting for a figure competition. What a way to learn about yourself and your limitations!

I have done a handful of competitions in the past, 6 I think. Honestly, hubby keeps track of which ones and when. I am terrible at remembering that. Hopefully in the not so distant future we can get our basement set up and display some of those hard earned trophies ;)

Each competition has been different. Each one I learn something different about myself, have something go better, have something not so great... etc.

That's the beauty in doing these. It's different every time.

And now I am doing my first competition as a MOM. A real biological mom, ya know?

There was a struggle each time before... working as a server or bartender, being surrounded by yummy food and drink all day and night... nursing school, stressed to the max, newlywed, busy with life and a home and a step daughter and a puppy.. and all that goes along with a new marriage.

Then as an RN, working in a hospital... working night shift and hours upon hours of overtime. And honestly that was way worse than when I was a full time nursing student, full time server/bartender and newlywed, new step mom and new puppy mom!

The junk they bring into hospital breakrooms is unreal! The parties! Cake, goodies, cookies, sugar ahhhhhhhhh

The night shift thing didn't help a bit either. God bless night shifters! It can really do a part in your metabolism and hormones getting whacky!

So my point is... Every time is different. But one thing remains the same. It's hard. And you learn about yourself and your limitations and your abilities.

So what are mine this time?

Full time mom, full time work at home, part time occassional job away from home... house duties, mom body.. wife etc

No matter what, you gotta get in a groove. Find your balance and what works for you.

I am 13 weeks out if I am doing the show on my 33rd birthday. EEE!

The other show I am looking at I would be 15 or 16 weeks out. Either way, I am a good 20-25lbs from where I need to be. So time to get my arse in gear right?!

Hammer and Chisel at home, some leg days at the gym hopefully... we'll see! I better write out a plan, huh?

In the meantime, even tho I'd rather be this...



I will enjoy my egg whites and shakeO and take it one day at a time!

And maybe hopefully in 13 weeks I'll be looking at this in the mirror again!



figure, figure prep, competition, weight loss, get fit, get lean, physique, nabba, npc, ocb, tall class, novice, winner, woman, women, bodybuilding, back, muslce, mom with muscle, mom get fit, mom lose weight, mom life, fitness life, fitness journey, eat clean, train hard, show, competition, figure show, physique, nabba, npc, ocb, tall class, novice, winner
 Minus all my hair I chopped off! You get crazy, post baby I guess and chopping off 22 inches sounds like a good idea. Oh and shaving the sides a few weeks after that too.
figure, figure prep, competition, weight loss, get fit, get lean, eat clean, train hard, show, competition, figure show, physique, nabba, npc, ocb, tall class, novice, winner, woman, women, bodybuilding, back, muslce, mom with muscle, mom get fit, mom lose weight, mom life, fitness life, fitness journey,

Comments