Honey Garlic Crockpot Chicken


Typically I am a super boring cooker when it comes to eating clean and ensuring I have plenty in the house for my big meat eater of a hubby.
So we do a lot of plain crock pot chicken, grilled chicken, grilled steak, egg whites and roasts in the crockpot.

Last night I decided to mix it up a bit and add a little flavor to the crockpot.
Keeping it plain ensures I am not taking in any added unnecessary calories, sugar, carbs etc that would keep me from maintaining my "happy" bodyfat level.
BUT sometimes you need some flavor and HONEY in your life!

What you need:
*4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breast
*1/2 cup reduced sugar ketchup
*1/4 cup honey
(yeah I mean really... you're putting honey in it... so what's with the reduced sugar ketchup!? That's up to you if you want to cut what you can from the sugar content. We just prefer the taste of the reduced sugar ketchup so it's what's in the house)
*2 tbsp chopped garlic
*2 tbsp dried basil



Mix ketchup, honey, garlic and basil in a bowl
Place chicken in crockpot
Cover with glaze
Cook on low for 6 hours    

Serve
Enjoy!

This dish goes great with steamed spinach in my opinion!





Thanks for stopping in! Comment below and let me know if you tried this one!

Find me on Facebook for daily tips and motivation in your newsfeed!

Comments