Low Carb Crockpot Stuffed Peppers

So it seems I make a lot of stuff that contains some sort of lean burger! I think that is mostly because after years of bodybuilding competitions my husband is quick to get sick of chicken breast after chicken breast!
It's always nice to mix it up anyway. And come this time of year we usually end up with venison burger from friends that have too much they don't know what to do with it! And it is a great source of natural lean meat sans hormones and antibiotics.






What you need:
*Approx 6 peppers depending on how big your crockpot is
*1-2lbs lean burger
      For this recipe I used 1lb turkey and 1lb venison
*1 large onion chopped
*1/2 cup chopped pepper such as jalepeno if you want a little kick
*2 cups homemade tomato sauce
     or organic tomato sauce
*3tbsp oregano
*1tbsp black pepper

*Gut/deseed/devein peppers and set aside to be stuffed
*Mix burger and all other ingredients together
*Fill peppers with burger mix and place in crock pot
*Put a little bit of water in bottom of crockpot, just enough to cover the bottom
*Use any leftover burger mix to make meatballs, place on top of stuffed peppers
*Top with any leftover tomato sauce if desired
*Cover and cook on low for 6 hours


You might notice that I didn't add any rice or grain. I just prefer not to for myself. My husband will often add some rice to his plate at dinner time but I prefer to keep this one low carb!

Feel free to add a whole grain of your choice!


Serve
Enjoy!






Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to follow me on Facebook for up to date tips and recipes in your newsfeed!

Comments