A-Mayes-ing Crock pot Chili

So the weather is getting nice and brisk! Perfect for some crock pot chili!
I can eat chili pretty much any time of year but well, not everyone is like me... just like not everyone is going to add cinnamon to their chili... yes. I said cinnamon!

What you Need:
1lb lean burger (your choice... turkey, beef, venison, or a mix! Don't like turkey or venison? Even tho they are GREAT lean choices... Try them in your chili. I swear you can't tell a difference!)
1 small chopped onion
2 chopped green peppers
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp red pepper flakes
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp stevia
1 tsp ground cumin
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 can dark red kidney beans
1 can light red kidney beans
1 can fava beans
1 can garbanzo beans
1 can black beans
(really.. whatever beans you like! I like them all!!!)

*Cook burger on stove top until mostly brown, drain grease
(can cook onion and pepper with burger at this time if you prefer)
*Add all ingredients to crock pot, draining some of juices from cans
*Stir
*Let cook on low for approx 4 hours

*Serve
*Enjoy!


Looking for less sodium and want to avoid those canned items?! Totally understand!
Sometimes you can find low sodium canned beans.. but there's always the option of buying dry beans and cooking them beforehand!

I personally don't eat a lot of sodium filled items to begin with and have chronic low blood pressure so some canned beans every now and then won't hurt me. But you do what is best for you!

Did you put the cinnamon in?!

I LOVE my chili to be sweet and cinnamonny. That's just me... and besides... did you know the health benefits of CINNAMON?!

One that I always remember is that it helps stabilize blood sugar levels. It is GREAT for diabetics!



Thanks for stopping in! Please comment and let me know if you made the chili and if you tried it with cinnamon!

For up to date recipes, nutrition tips and motivation in your newsfeed Follow or Friend me on Facebook!

Comments