Orangutans and Peanut Butter

You may be thinking... What do orangutans have to do with peanut butter?!




Well... as I was thinking about peanut butter... my love for it... how much we have in our house which is a bit absurd, (yes, all of that peanut butter is in my cupboard right now) . . . I thought it would be good to share a little bit about the ingredients in your PB and what you're consuming/buying. 

I always recommend to people to use NATURAL peanut butter. It's always best to consume things that are natural and with minimal ingredients. This ensures you aren't consuming any unnecessary ingredients like chemicals. Yuk! 

If you're looking for a Natural Peanut butter... check out the ingredient list on the back. It should really only say "peanuts", often too you will see: sugar, salt and honey or peanut oil. All of these ingredients are ok too. 

One thing you don't want to purchase is a peanut butter that contains PALM OIL. 

Why would a peanut butter need palm oil if it already contains peanut oil?

Great question!!!!!

And this is where the orangutans come into the picture!

In order to obtain palm oil... much cultivation of the palm oil involves deforestation and loss of natural habitats for already endangered species such as the Orangutan and Sumatran Tiger.




As the top of the food chain, it is our duty to protect and do what we can to be wise about how we treat everything under us. Everything works together in the circle of life... (Cue Lion King music. )

Do a small part today and check the ingredients on your peanut butter. If not for the orangutans and tigers, for yourself, to ensure you're eating NATURAL products. :)






*I always buy SMUCKERS NATURAL PB and have never found their pb to contain palm oil. We were out the other day and picked up the natural honey jif to try because the store we were at didn't have the smuckers honey my husband likes. 

I made the mistake of not checking the ingredients until we got home. And unfortunately it contains palm oil. The regular jif does not contain it so I guess I wasn't expecting it.. but that's just a reminder to me to CHECK THE LABEL! 

Always best to be aware of what you're consuming and how if affects you.

Even better if you take the time to understand how it affects others. :)





check out my facebook page for heath, fitness and nutrition tips! 



Or for daily support on your fitness journey fill out this app to be considered for a spot in my next health n fitness support group!


Use Wufoo integrations and get your data to your favorite apps.

Comments