My New Journey

So Here I am! On a New Journey! I've got my head in the right place and my Driving Motivation (my 6 month old daughter) by my side! I can't wait to share with you my story!

So in life I've traveled many roads, literally and figuratively speaking... 

and you know, they may have been bumpy, windy and crooked at times but I finally feel like I am in the RIGHT PLACE and exactly where I need to be. 

I've met so many wonderful people and had many memorable experiences on my journey.. as a Bartender and Server in the restaurant industry for 16 years, as a Personal Trainer in two states and also in the Health care field as a nursing aid, secretary and an RN.

I have 2 college degrees and have met countless wonderful people while attending ... oh... 4 different college/universities? 

But hey! I may have taken the long road figuring out life but time goes on, we live and learn and everything happens for a reason and here I am!

I've always had a passion for health and fitness, eating right (eating to live, not living to eat!), helping others, and the structure and anatomy of the human body! So tie that all together what do you get?!

A Server/RN/Trainer/FitnessCoach/FigureCompetitor = Me! 

.......................................................

I'm just getting started here folks...
Let's get to the Real Deal...

A little over 6 months ago my LIFE CHANGED DRASTICALLY

and in the BEST WAY POSSIBLE.

Better than I EVER thought possible.

A chilly afternoon in February, I gave birth in my own bedroom to the most perfect, precious little angel sent from God. 

She is the light of my life, My Only Sunshine... as I sing to her every day :)

When my short 12 weeks of maternity leave was up and I had to return to being an RN I knew it was not going to be easy leaving her. 

Even during the first part of my pregnancy I thought I'd be ok to send her off to daycare and head to work. 

But NO. That was not the case. Easier said than done. 

I fell in love with her the instant I saw her squishy purple face. 

How did such a miracle grow inside me ... and after, well... not so short 9 hours of labor, which I'd say isn't too bad for a first timer? . . . Come to be! Here! Right in front of me?! Mine! She is mine!

Well I guess I have to share her a bit with her daddy and other family members? ehhh... a little I guess. 

So anyway.. I returned to work a few days before she turned 3 months old. And every day I cried. 

I cried at work. 
I cried at home. 
I couldn't even enjoy my time WITH her because I was too busy WORRYING about NOT being with her. 

I dreaded going back every time. I'd have overwhelming anxiety the night before I had to go back. 

Knowing I'd spend my "mommy breaks" for the next few days, sitting in a closet of a break room, crying while pumping. I called it sad milk. No one wants to drink sad milk!

And SHE knew exactly what was going on!

For the first solid month, every night I'd come home (after being gone for 14 hours) and

She would SCREAM BLOODY MURDER!

Daddy and Meme (We were so fortunate to have my husband's mother stay with us and watch her), would say "oh maybe she's tired." or "she must be hungry."

UM NO.

She is pissed. 
Mommy has been gone and now that I am back this is her only way of letting me know she missed me and WHERE THE HECK HAVE I BEEN!?

She knew exactly what was going on. 

And so did I. 

And I HAD TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!

So I actually had a plan to return to school (online) for my masters in nursing... because my work has a program where they pay you full time but you only have to work part time.. so PERFECT, right?!

Who wouldn't want to get paid for 40 hours of work and only work 20?! And in the meanwhile better your education? Uh no brainer there!

So I clung to that HOPE for a good 2 months. 

Everyday at work thinking... "if I can just make it to September... then I'll have more time with her!"

HOPE was the only thing keeping me SANE. 
As I felt I was on the verge of a mental breakdown. 
    and if you know me personally, you might not say I am always on my rocker to begin with! 

lol, kidding. not kidding. 

So anyway... clinging to hope, waiting to start school... and then...

DENIED.

Yup. The big wigs at work denied my app because the online program didn't fit their guidelines. 

I was crushed. 

For a day. 

But I picked myself up and said "you know, then that just wasn't the plan God has!"

THERE IS SOMETHING ELSE WAITING FOR ME.



and I've found it!

As I continued trying to figure out what I was going to do I started looking into work-from-home opportunities... and I stumbled across a sponsored ad on Facebook.. something about work from home mom.... 

PERFECT!
so I filled out the questionnaire. 

Some time went by and I continued to search for my answer, applying and searching for work from home nursing jobs which let me tell you.. I couldn't find much of anything.

And I get a facebook request from a local fit nurse of whom we shared 25 mutual friends. So I messaged and said "Oh cool! We have a lot in common!"

She proceeds to tell me it was HER questionnaire I filled out. 

Oh! You live in my hometown? I thought that was some fancy schmancy big deal making the benjamins in Malibu or somewhere in California where you see all these successful Fitness gurus!

In all honesty, a huge reason I decided to take the leap and see what this was all about was because I saw that she was just a regular girl, a nurse, living in my hometown, raising 2 boys
AND
running a very very successful business FROM HOME at the same time. 

She was able to WORK FROM HOME and BE THERE FOR HER BOYS. 

I immediately said 

IF SHE CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT!!!!

And so here I am !

I joined her team... I did 21 day fix extreme, I ate healthy, enjoyed a shake each day... I shed some post baby weight.. I lost 12 more pounds in my 21 days. ( I now weigh 16lbs LESS than when I got pregnant). 

But better than any weight loss, better than any tight booty, better than any healthy meal plan...

Is this beauty in my arms. Me, working in my kitchen, catching up with old friends and meeting new ones..

With my side kick. 

I couldn't ask for more. 

And no, it's not going to be EASY. Nothing in life WORTH anything is FREE or EASY. 

YOU GOTTA WANT IT
YOU GOTTA WORK FOR IT

And I AM gosh darnit! 
I am currently in the process of reaching goals ... errr crushing goals!!! 
and enjoying every minute of helping others reach theirs. 

All while being able to enjoy my precious bundle and not worry about missing a thing.

So.. Join me on my journey :)

and maybe even join my team? 
It's a TEAM ON A MISSION!

Every day I work towards a better me, a better life, a better way :)

MAKE LIFE WORTH LIVING!

IT IS UP TO YOU !!




Comments