Raspberry Vanilla Fruit Tart




So one may think all fruit tarts are created equal... I mean it's a fruit tart... so it's good for you, right?
It has "fruit" in it's name... so it's gotta be good for you... au contraire my dear friend.

Many foods and food products can be quite deceiving... and besides.. I just wanted to make my own version so I know exactly what is in it and tailor it to my taste buds!

My mom likes a fruit tart from the local grocery store and I am actually not a fan of it so this particular recipe came about because I figured I love fruit... I can make a tart that I like that has a flavor I prefer minus the clear tasteless jelly stuff they use on top that I guess is meant to hold the fruit together? I dunno. It grosses me out. ha

So here it is... my AMayesing Fruit Tart - this is the Raspberry Vanilla version



For tart crust 
For one tart I used a store bought graham cracker crust
 and for another I made a homemade oat/rice crust
You could also make a homemade graham cracker crust

What you need for oat/rice crust:
1 cup brown rice flour
(store bought)
1/2 cup oat flour 
(I blend oats in blender to make flour)
1 cup water 

What you do for crust:
Mix all ingredients thoroughly
Spray pan
spread dough in pan
bake at 375 for 15 min or until golden brown and center is done 
(toothpick test)
Set aside until tart mix is ready



What you need for tart filling:
2 cups fat free plain greek yogurt
1/2 box vanilla pudding mix (I used sugar free, fat free)
*optional -1 packet vanilla shakeology (adds maximum nutrients to your tart) 
Fruit for top- use what you like- I used strawberries, black raspberries, mango and kiwi 
to top the raspberry vanilla tart 
4tbsp raspberry jelly/jam/marmalade (I used a no added sugar jelly)


What you do for filling:
Mix yogurt, shakeology and 1/2 packet of pudding mix in bowl.
Spread jelly on crust first
fill rest of pie pan with filling
top with fruit
put in fridge to set for approx 1 hour
serve and enjoy!


Comments