Bubbe Carles Beef Veg Soup


This is an easy version of a family favorite. My mom used to make her beef vegetable soup and it is the best!!! In my opinion of course :)  Once I learned that it's not that hard to make I was really excited and now I make it for my family too! And everyone loves it!

Makes me happy when the rest of the fam eats up! Especially when it's nutritious!

What you need:
1lb bag frozen veggies of choice (you could use the mix made for soups)
1lb ground burger of choice (my mom always uses beef but you can use turkey burger too!)
1lb short rib (optional but adds great flavor)
1/2 head chopped cabbage
1 large can (46oz) v8 cocktail juice
1 can beef broth
beef bouillon
parsley, basil, sage, salt, pepper
tsp minced garlic
1 onion
celery
1 bay leaf

What you do:
Brown beef on stove top with onion, celery, garlic
Cover with a little water
Add ribs, broth, cabbage and bouillon
Add v8, vegetables and herbs
Add water to desired consistency
Cook until thoroughly done or move to crockpot!

- I personally like to brown beef and drain off grease then put everything in crockpot and let cook for 4 hours.

Enjoy!

Comments